Jr. Content Strategist (Part-Time) - 1 year
Your heart beats for content? You are interested in medical topics and didactics is not a foreign concept for you? Would you like to help design products that make understanding in medicine easier? Do you like working with people, do you design clever and creative concepts, and can you present them well?
Then we look forward to talking to you about your possible future role as:
Jr. Content Strategist - Medical Education
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and content development of an entire product range of content for medical students in books, apps or web platforms. You will design new content and optimize existing content, acquire publishers and authors, negotiate contracts and review sample chapters.
This is an exciting opportunity if you want to gain experience working for the world's largest scientific publisher and build international networks. You will become part of the German Content Team Medical Education under the leadership of the Head of Content Medical Education, based in Munich.
- Conception and acquisition of content for medical students
- Research and overview of the medical student market
- Being the contact person for authors and decision-makers
- Maintain a strategic overview of your medical content portfolio
- Confident and convincing appearance in front of internal and external decision-makers
- Market research, marketing tasks and competitor analyses for an in-depth understanding of the needs of our target groups
- Structured, goal-oriented way of working and a high degree of independence
Occasional travel will be required.
What you will bring
- Studying/finishing medical studies or vocational training in medical professions
- Creativity in an efficient and structured working environment
- Basic experience in project management
- Enthusiasm for books as well as digital products
- Basic knowledge of marketing and market research
- Very good communication skills
- Enjoy working in a team
- Excellent German and business fluent English skills
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Elsevier's benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect when joining Elsevier in Germany.
- A temporary assignment for 1 year (1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020)
- An interesting part-time position (3-4 days/week) within a highly collaborative and fun team
- 30 holidays (based on full-time employment)
- Flexible working hours with home office options
- Modern, centrally located office near the main train station in Munich
- Yoga, Pilates, massages, fruit, coffee, drinks, snack box and many company events in our comfortable lounge or outside the office