Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors.
And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 8 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
We are now looking for a Senior Brand Manager to take over the responsibility for komoot’s brand strategy and establish komoot as a global brand for more than 300 million people searching for great outdoor experiences. You can work from any location within the UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezone. Join our fully remote team of 60+ people and change the way people explore!
What you will do
- Define and shape our brand strategy for different target groups and markets within and outside of Europe to establish komoot as a global cycling and outdoor brand
- Translate our vision and brand into inspiring stories that’ll be shared with millions of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts
- Plan, build and execute campaigns across all our communication channels, from our social media and blog to our newsletter that’s read by millions
- Team up with copywriters, designers, photographers and videographers to shape our storytelling, refine our visual language, and to produce stunning images and videos
Why you will love it
- You’ll drive the komoot brand strategy and inspire cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world
- You’ll play a key role in our marketing team, enjoying full responsibility and total ownership of your tasks from day one
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with whichever tools you love
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co - working center of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- Our last team gathering was in Austrian Alps
You will be successful in this position if
- You have 7+ years of experience in brand management as well as in planning and executing impactful digital campaigns
- You were responsible for developing a brand strategy of a successful brand
- You have a true interest and knowledge of the outdoors, including hiking, cycling and mountain biking
- You have a deep understanding of branding, with demonstrable hands-on experience in brand storytelling and crafting channel and target group specific messages
- You possess strong communication skills
- You are confident and articulate, an empathic listener and persuasive storyteller
- You convey impactful messages with ease
- You have a keen eye for visual language, good copy and videos that inspire people
- You speak English at a native level, are highly self-driven and possess a hands-on attitude to getting things done
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your relevant experience
- A little note on why are you interested in working at komoot
- Relevant examples of your work (e.g. brand videos, social media or email campaigns)
- Something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Vimeo, Instagram account or your blog
- As we love it when people go the extra mile, you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot