Our team is passionate about building a product that improves the global language industry. Smartcat's goal is to develop the world's best environment for translation and industry-specific payment automation and make it a vibrant network enabling easy collaboration for all market participants, including freelance linguists, translation agencies, and translation buyers.
Smartcat is backed by Matrix Partners, a top VC firm focusing on SaaS and marketplace startups (you might recognize names like HubSpot, Oculus, Zendesk, and Quora in their portfolio).
The mission of Customer Success Manager is to be responsible for a number of paying accounts in recurring revenue funnel in Smartcat, executing steps that will assure its' retention and growth. As a Customer Success Manager you will collaborate closely with folks in Sales to help them close deals by properly onboarding customers, then you will have such customers handed-off to you after the first payment is done and will be responsible for enabling customer success of an account by reaching monthly/quarterly plans on revenue growth. The ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up their sleeves” and start working actively to contribute to Smartcat's growth.
You will be able to leverage our “unfair” market advantages such as the “no seats” approach and the free-of-charge tech stack. Your success is measured by contribution to Smartcat's industry blazing fast annual revenue growth rate of 200–400%.
- Meet monthly and quarterly plans on the revenue generated by accounts assigned to you in the Success funnel.
- Collaborate with folks in sales to help them close deals by properly onboarding customers before they are passed on to you.
- Be responsible for SLAs with current accounts you are assigned to.
- Serve as the primary post-sales point-of-contact for Smartcat customers.
- At least 1 year of experience working as a Customer Success Manager with outstanding measurable achievements.
- Fluent in English. Plus fluent in at least one the following languages: German, French, Italian.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with colleagues, customers, and partners. We are in a niche global industry ($45b) where trust and good relations matter.
- Easygoing personality, high tolerance to different cultures. We love our users who are literally everywhere, and they love Smartcat people more than the features we deliver. We want this mutual love to continue and evolve with your help.
- Effectively manage customer relationships - and own responsibility for retention (renewals).
- Ability to understand Smartcat's vision and functionality of the whole platform in depth. We are building a market network for the global translation industry, which is a complex multi-sided marketplace on top of an industry-specific workflow automation solution. (To learn more about the market network concept, read this article.)
- Data-driven approach to business. Readiness to measure success based on numbers.
- Analyze and monitor customer data to draw insights with the goal of communicating those findings to customers in order to modify user behavior and increase user productivity.
- Proactively identify expansion opportunities, as well as customer health risks, and effectively leverage internal teams to mitigate non-renewal (churn) risk
- Lead training for customer teams (webinar and in-person), highlighting key Smartcat features and functionality.
- Promote a fun and passionate environment while hitting company KPIs.
- Partner with customers to establish clear business goals, timelines, priorities, and metrics of success.
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for critical customer issues.
- Proactively work directly with large customers, interacting with various levels of management ranging from Directors to C-level executives.
- Readiness to work in a highly intense startup environment, requiring extreme focus and persistence to break through.
- Openness to criticism and others' opinions and ideas.
- Being eager for success and aggressive for growth.