At Rosetta Stone, our mission is to deliver the best technology-based solutions for learning languages. Every day, our innovations help people improve their lives and make the world a better place.
We are currently seeking content authors on a contract basis to write, edit, and revise content for e-learning lessons for adult learners of German. Content will focus primarily on business topics at an intermediate proficiency level (CEFR B1).
You will be able to work from anywhere and complete work on your own schedule, provided you are able to meet agreed-upon deadlines. Work will commence in March and likely continue for several months. It is not necessary for you to be available during this whole period, but preference will be given to candidates who can commit to completing content for a larger number of sessions.
Staff will work to familiarize selected authors with content framework, standards, and goals. You must provide your own up-to-date computer and reliable internet connection.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to create engaging and effective content
- Working knowledge of language-learning pedagogies and approaches
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, Google Apps)
- Ability to write creatively within arbitrary constraints such as word counts and proficiency leveling standards
- Effective time management skills to complete sessions on agreed-upon deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others remotely, as well as to work independently
- Responsiveness to editorial review and suggestions
- Availability of 30-40 hours per week for a period of 8-10 months
- Native speaker of standard German
- Strong command of English for collaboration purposes
- Up-to-date familiarity with German business culture and business practices
- At least two years' experience teaching German to adult non-native speakers
- Strong working understanding of common language proficiency standards such as CEFR, especially as they relate to intermediate and advanced learners
- Educational background in German, creative writing, or closely related field
- Master's degree in teaching German or closely related field
- Experience teaching German outside of German-speaking countries
- Ample professional curriculum development experience
- Experience creating e-learning/online content