What We’re Building at Spare ️
Spare is on a mission to accelerate the shift towards efficient and autonomous mobility by enabling anyone to plan, launch, scale, and analyze a smart transport network in seconds. We’re cultivating a net-positive impact in cities by deploying the technology for the next generation of public transport: on-demand Microtransit. Whether that’s with the largest on demand transport service integrated into a multi-modal network in North America, being the first last-mile/first-mile on-demand service in Japan, or the first on-demand service above the Arctic Circle in Norway, our platform is powering shared modes of transport globally.
How you will make an impact as a Business Development Manager at Spare
We are looking for someone who is passionate about mobility and about bringing new mobility services to communities across Europe and especially the DACH region. This is an opportunity for you to build relationships with senior leaders of governments and transport agencies and lead the growth of cutting-edge technology that powers the future of transport.
- Enable governments and transport agencies on their path towards sustainable mobility and help them to amplify their positive impact on the community and the planet
- Develop strategic roadmaps for key business targets and coordinate activities internally and externally to win on both an individual and team-based commission structure
- Own each deal from start to finish, including negotiation of legal and procurement processes
- Grow and build your network in the transport space, working with public transport agencies and operators across Europe, with a focus on the DACH region
- Listen to customers, identify what success means to them, and drive growth by helping them achieve their goals with the Spare Platform
- Deeply understand transport agencies’ technology needs and priorities and work with our product team to ensure that the features and tools we develop deliver value to our customers
- Continually strive to investigate our customers' goals, educating and guiding them through the sales journey to ensure their success
- Travel across Europe, with a focus on the DACH region, to meet current and potential customers
- Share your experiences and insights during regular growth workshops, where we exchange best practices and align our sales strategy across the teams in Europe
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure a healthy pipeline of customer renewals
- Support other aspects of the customer experience by developing training content, communications, marketing materials, and coordinating revenue and lead-generating events.
Why you're perfect for this role
- You are excited by opportunities to create a real impact in terms of sustainable mobility
- You are passionate about learning more on transport and mobility
- You have a solid knowledge of the government and public transport system in Europe, and the DACH region specifically
- You are creative about filling and managing your opportunities in the pipeline, diligent about your sales process, and have a proven ability to take initiative and produce results
- You are focused on your goals and are methodical when tracking your own metrics
- You thrive working in a SaaS start-up, selling to enterprise organizations (B2B) and government
- You are technically proficient in demonstrating software platforms
- You are an educator by nature. You are compelling in your sales pitch, listen to your customer’s pain points, and effectively communicate Spare's value proposition to all levels
- You have experience in successfully closing large, complex deals amid a mix of new business, established accounts and channel management
- You speak fluent English and German (native or business proficiency)
- Bonus if you have previously worked in transport or mobility!
What’s it like to work at Spare ?
We strive to build a diverse company full of inclusive, fun, hard-working people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. We look for the kind of people who are dedicated to going above and beyond and will build up the team as a whole by helping each team member achieve their own individual goals.
Spare is for the creative, the personal, the passionate, the uncompromising, and those who want to truly understand the impact transport has on daily life. We’re still at the beginning of our story, and every team member has a key role in where we are headed. You will be able to shape the direction of Spare, to influence your own career progression, and generate sustainable impact regionally and internationally by making headway on the cause for shared mobility.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary, uncapped commission
- Form part of an exciting journey in a dynamic and growing start-up where things can be shaped
- Strong communication with a global team across three continents
- Work from home, book a co-working space or join us in one of our offices in Barcelona or Oslo
- Flexible working schedule and full autonomy in your day to day organization
- All the tools you need to succeed, including a new laptop and leading software
- Regular exchanges with Spare’s team in Europe and North America, remote and in-person
- Growth and career planning and mentorship
- Contribute to more sustainable modes of mobility across the Globe with a passionate team
Spare Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.